Are Blogs Beating Newspapers???
More people read news on the internet every day. The newspaper home deliveries are becoming more expensive for the publishers, so the on line version of the daily is leading the readership.
On July 28, 2010 I was at Walgreens to fill a prescription early in the morning, and I saw on the entrance a plastic bag that coughs my attention. Well it has 3 tiny copies of the Atlanta Journal Constitution and 2 of the USA Today, (for your information: now the newspaper industry, to reduce cost, print other publications and they deliver together as this case)- in my neighborhood, Alpharetta, the one with the zip code 30022; that means the most expensive on the real estate business, when I took my Economy class at University I have learn that newspapers were a good indicator to measure the local economy, due the amount of ads and classifieds. Probably now that rule have change and economist are checking the web pages as Craig List, Yahoo, Google and Others to find more information in their research.
But is sat the point that even the newspapers in America, nationwide, reduced the wide size of their pages, to hold and manipulate easier, the number of readers that use to have a home delivery or buy the newspaper on the store, now have an I Pad to read it.
I am sat for the wonderful people whom work on the production area on the printing rooms they are amazing calibrating the colors for pictures, and synchronizing the press to print 60 K copies an hour, job that sounds easy but is a process that requires all attention of press operators to avoid an accident and keep the quality control.
But focusing in the electronic pages of the newspapers, now more people write Blogs on Google instead of send letters to the editor of the local newspaper. I decide to write Blogs after dinner, and read my books before sleep.
Even I am fascinated writing Blogs for the average of friends that follows me I am against that Newspaper and Books disappear. I believe it is not fair for the job market, also reading on the computer screen, is hard if you do not have your glasses, my eyes become tired after couple articles on the computer, and on the hard copy I usually read two stories on the front page, couple editorials, and the technology section invite me other two articles and one stop in the stock market indicator to see how is my investment doing.
After doing a tremendous analysis and a personal introspection, I would like to advise you to keep reading the news in the paper, and books in the hard copy. Both are documents of reference and you can keep in your home office, (honestly I have hard time with my wife because I cannot walk between my books. I love to read, and reading a book is like a workout for your brain.
People whom read has easy access to works and improve better vocabulary to convince others, the simple action of read exercise your eyes and your brain more when you do in paper than when you do in a screen.
When I was a kid I remember my mother put me to check the national newspapers in Mexico to check stories about the family, on uncle was congressman, another attorney general, my dad’s cousin was elder on the Supreme Court so was a lot of fan, cut the news and paste in the family albums.
So if we do not save newspapers and books in the future, if servers have a virus of a bug nobody will able to see a reference consultation. I know technology has a lot of backups, but paper is paper, and thanks to the paper, we discovered, wills, historical documents, and formulas and other data, that probably in the future if the earth is flood, nobody will find a computer server working.
Then save a backup in paper, save your books, they are a treasure. I Pads are the fashion electronic devise that as soon somebody invent another idea. IPads are good to read books and see pictures, but a year earlier the bookstore Barnes&Noble.com launch NOOK, and the Cyber Store Amazon.com launch KINDLE, so you have 3 options to choose for, and even the electronic device is a helpful to carry 60 books, the hard copy of a Book is a document.
As a former Editor & Publisher of newspapers, this challenge is affecting my feelings, due I been working at least 16 years on the Newspapers Editorial Industry and 19 on Television, and even the Television is magic, I consider the publishing process more formal, dedicated and serious business.
As a former Editor & Publisher of newspapers, this challenge is affecting my feelings, due I been working at least 16 years on the Newspapers Editorial Industry and 19 on Television, and even the Television is magic, I consider the publishing process more formal, dedicated and serious business.



No comments:
Post a Comment